Cathcart & Winn is the longest established veterinary practice in Farnham & Aldershot. It was originally opened in the 1950's as part of the Fennell Veterinary Group. In the late 60's the Cathcart brothers, Bob and Adair took over the Farnham and Aldershot Surgeries. Under their stewardship the Farnham surgery was relocated from Castle Street to its current site and became one of the first veterinary hospitals in the country. Nick Winn qualified from Liverpool in 1981 and joined the practice in 1982. Five years later he became a partner and the name of the practice changed to Cathcart & Winn. During the 1990's Bob & Adair retired, leaving Nick as the sole principal.
The practice takes pride in providing the highest standards of veterinary care and quality of service. We continue to develop the care and facilities we offer to your pets.
Ten years ago the entire building was refurbished to provide outstanding purpose designed premises. This has greatly improved our facilities and allowed for more space for us to accommodate the increase in diagnostic, operating and in-patient treatments, which are now available.
To ensure we are providing the best facilities and levels of care we have volunteered for inspection by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons under their practice standards scheme. After stringent assessment we have been awarded the tier 3 veterinary hospital status, which is the highest level and very difficult to achieve.
In particular we have a veterinary team on the premises 24 hours a day, guaranteed levels of emergency and routine care, maximum surgical sterility, staff training programmes and a lot more.
Our Aldershot surgery has always been a very important part of our practice. Due to its proximity to Farnham we have chosen to keep this as a consult only base so that all pets requiring investigations, treatments or surgery benefit from being treated at the Farnham hospital. Aldershot is fully integrated into the Farnham hospital and they share staff and the computer system.