Looking after your pet’s pearly whites is extremely important, which is why we’re launching a dental health awareness campaign to provide help, advice and treatment along with some great offers.
Dental disease among cats, dogs and rabbits is one of the most common problems we deal with at Cathcart & Winn and there are some simple steps all pet owners can take to improve their furry friend’s oral health.
To help you get started on the road to better dental care for your pet, we’re offering a scale and polish, for cats or dogs, for £149 from now until 31st March 2019.
What problems can bad oral health cause?
Unfortunately, dental disease is extremely common in pets due to a combination of dietary and genetic factors.
Here are some of the issues a bad oral health regime can cause:
- Without daily brushing, plaque can build up on animals’ teeth. This contains a complex film of bacteria which can be damaging to gums and roots
- If plaque isn’t removed it can build up and become calcified. The brown substance which can be seen on teeth is tartar, which can allow more bacteria to grow if left untreated
- Not treating plaque and tartar can eventually lead to toothache, gingivitis (gum infection) and tooth loss. All these conditions can be very painful and you may see your pet having difficulties eating
- Seemingly harmless items which pets chew on, such as tennis balls, can wear teeth down and leave the root exposed
What action should I take?
- Regular proactive dental care can help prevent oral health issues. Daily brushing with pet-friendly toothpaste will help reduce the build-up of plaque
- Prescription dental diets can be used to help prevent plaque build-up and keep teeth clean
- For cats and dogs where tartar is already present, a scale and polish under a general anaesthetic is needed to remove the build-up
If you have any questions about your pet’s oral health, please get in touch with us on 01252 721191 or
*Dental offer terms and conditions
Terms and conditions apply. Dental offer valid on appointments taken before 31st March 2019. Any additional treatments required or advised will be payable according with standard prices. Offer must be quoted (SMILE19) at the time of booking. One offer per client/pet. No cash alternative available. Offer is subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time.