Salary: Up to £58,000
Hours: 40 hours over 4 days with a mixture of 8 am starts and 8 pm finishes, 1:5 weekend day shifts and no on call.
Lead Veterinary Surgeon, Full Time, Farnham
Cathcart & Winn Veterinary Hospital is a well established Tier 3 small animal hospital within the heart of Farnham, Surrey.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join us on a full time basis.
The Lead Veterinary Surgeon's role is key to the team's ability to succeed. They will be leading and working alongside a clinical team including vets, nurses and receptionists across the practices, all aiming towards providing the highest standards of care while, maximising convenience, reducing customer effort and bond clients to the Practice. The Lead Veterinary Surgeon is responsible for managing the clinical activities of the Vets and acts as the first line of management, developing the team to optimise uptake of clinical services.
The Lead Veterinary Surgeon is to support and work closely with and assist the Clinical Director to provide leadership, coordination, ensure adequate cover for shifts, appropriate training and development to their team and when not deputising to undertake duties of a vet. They also need to take part in the day-to-day organisation of the team and responding to requests for unplanned absence cover.
Main purpose & goals
- To adhere to Linnaeus core values and Mars five principles
- To promote a good image of your Practice and promote our services, personnel and products, both within and outside the practice at all times.
- To understand, help to develop and implement practice policies.
- To support marketing initiatives.
- To demonstrate a commitment to CPD and training within your role.
- To help drive forward and develop the business in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team, with the goal of providing gold standard care and optimising profitability.
- To assist in effectively leading and developing the veterinary team under the direction of the Clinical Director.
- To deputise for the Clinical Director in their absence or as required to provide continuous cover and leadership for their team.
- To assist in providing vets to all areas of the practice to support operations, being guided by the needs set out by, and in close liaison with the Clinical Director.
- To ensure that all team members follow H&S guidelines and do nothing to jeopardise their own or their colleagues H&S.
- Health Plan and Mental Health Support
- 25 Days Annual leave (including bank holidays) plus your birthday off!
- RCVS /VDS membership fully funded
- Staff Discount on pet care, Pet Health Plan and Pet Plan insurance